Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pediatric Dental Office Decor

Dentists usually hope to have the "dream office" with great decor. If you look at a general dentist office, you will see rich colors, marble counters, adult colors, and modern lighting. It's all to make the patients feel at home, more comfortable. In upscale offices the decor is intended to reflect the high quality of patient care. In pediatric offices it's similar, but the idea is a little different. We do try and have modern everything, but the decor has to cater to the parent (usually mom) and the child. There are play areas, animal pictures, and bright colors. Most pediatric dental offices are well done and have these features to some extent, but usually nothing extreme. Some pediatric offices I have seen are really works of art. Our office (APDA) has a space theme to go along with our community's NASA heritage. We have one of the best around here, expecially our play area.

You'll see a lot of "open bay" type design in Pediatric and Orthodontic offices with lots of chairs in one big room. We have private operatories as well. If you want a tour of our offices, check out our main web site here APDA. Also, I will try and have more photos on the blog later.

I think the best decorated office I have seen is Dr. Lee Baker's
office in Augusta, Georgia. A long time ago, he visited us at APDA. I guess we scared him off because he decided to go to Alaska for a few years, Ha! After working there, he came back to the South and set up practice in Augusta. Take a look at his office. I have posted a few photos from his web site.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Blog, very interesting!!
My name is Phil W Little and
I’m the author of Hostile Intent and Hell In a Briefcase
You are more than welcome to visit my page.

Detective Matt
Cooper.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your office looks awesome- Dr. J

Dr. Dean Brandon said...

Thanks Dr J, our office is awesome, but the photos of the Alaska theme here are Dr. Baker's office. Our office is found elsewhere in this blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm from "Toothfairycyberspace" a whimsical yet informative dental website that is sure to make you smile! Hope you will sign my guestbook with your comments...Thanks in advance.
Good-Bye, Gotta Fly!
www.toothfairycyberspace.com

Anonymous said...

May want to check out Bruce Barry's Wacky World Studios in Oldsmar, Florida at www.wackyworld.tv. They have been designing and creating some of the most innovative Pediatric Dental offices and kids environments in the the country.

Silvia Loren said...

hi.Dr.J i'm Loren from Indonesia...u're Blog is very cool and give me strength to continue my pediatric dentistry...i finished my dentistry last year..and i'm studying pediatric now..hope we can keep contact each other :)

Reagan Hillier said...

Wow Pediatric Design, www.wowpediatricdesign.com, creates some awesome environments specifically for kids dental facilities.

Peter Brooke said...

I recently took my youngest son to the (pediatric) dentist and much to my surprise, he actually enjoyed being there. In fact, he didn't want to leave. My wife said he was going to love it, but since it was both his and my first trip there, I couldn't imagine loving going to the dentist. She was right. As it turns out, the guy who created the interiors also created Snip-Its, a hair salon for kids. I have 3 kids, and ironically, they all love going to both the dentist and getting their hair cut. Now I can see why. I tip my hat to the designer, Bruce Barry with Wacky World Studios. Kid-friendly environments really make a difference for the kids as well as the parents.

chicago invisalign said...

In speaking with dentists, friends, and reading on the web - it's obvious there are a number of differing views regarding the effectiveness of various treatments and especially the use of lasers from specialized cosmetic dentists and Brite Smile.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Came across this blog post that some of you may be interested in. As a mom, I thought it was useful!
Dentist Office Blog

Jane Tinkle said...

Wow!! It’s important to make kids feel more relaxed and comfortable before a procedure. If you have a cool office like that, you will definitely do just that! Btw, have you seen the Hello Kitty dental office at Tokyo, Japan? You should check it out. :)

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was
curious what all is needed to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost
a pretty penny? I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% positive.
Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kudos

Also visit my homepage :: eucafloor prime

Dr. Dean Brandon said...

Never spent anything on this blog other than time. I use blogger.com and have taught myself some basic blogging and programming techniques over time. Good luck. I am sure there are paid services that can develop a more professional blog, but really it does not take much. It all depends on customization and the amount of expertise you can bring to the project.