Monday, February 12, 2007

Twenty Year Reunion!

Last Friday, I went to Birmingham for my 20th dental school class reunion. Oh, my goodness, I can't believe it's been 20 years! I was afraid there would be just a bunch of old gray-headed dentists there, but actually everyone looked pretty good. We had about 45 people in our graduating class at UAB (University of Alabama School of Dentistry Class of 1987). Now, we're scattered all around the country with most still here in Alabama. Out of that class, there were three of us that went on to become Pediatric Dentists. Here I am with my nametag standing next to Rick Simpson, a fellow Pediatric Dentist here in Alabama and Mike O'Neil, who practices Oral Surgery in Florida. Another classmate, Mark Bronsky, was able to come down from New York City where he currently has an orthodontic practice on Park Avenue a few blocks from Bloomingdales. Maria is now practicing in Puerto Rico. I am very much impressed with the accomplishments of my fellow classmates. Some are now in faculty positions, some are serving patients every day in small towns across Alabama. Reunions are an opportunity to connect with the past and remember the first steps of your profession. A great time was had by all.










Joe, looks like you blinked.

No comments: