Saturday, October 14, 2006

Dr. Clifton O. Dummett, Jr.-A Great Teacher

Dr. "Cliff" Dummett, was one of the best professors I have had the privilege of coming into contact with in my career. He was at the LSU School of Dentistry Department of Pediatric Dentistry when I was in my residency there. He passed away the other day at age 62 after a long illness. Dr. Dummett had a talent quite lacking in most dental school faculty; he was a good teacher. He always had a smile on his face and could tell you that you screwed up without making you feeling like an idiot. He encouraged you to improve and excel. He and his wife lost their home (and really cool sail boat he once let me pilot) to hurricane Katrina, then moved to Baton Rouge. I send my best wishes to his wife. Thank you Dr. Dummett. I will always remember that smile.

1 comment:

Ned Buxton said...

I went To prep school (Lenox School, Lenox, MA) with Cliff Dummett where he excelled as a student, athlete and leader. He was a great lacrosse player and, not surprisingly, was elected Prefect his senior year. He earned the respect and admiration of faculty and students alike. He made a difference and we are all better off for his presence in our lives... Aye, Ned Buxton