Saturday, May 07, 2011

Designing A New Office Website

We are currently working on a long overdue upgrade to our APDA website. This of course, involves the input of a skilled web designer, as I don't really have the skills to program one myself. Most medical/dental offices contract with companies for a stock site. This is great for most docs who really don't have the time or resources to devote to anything more than the basics. These sites have improved over the years and most are very nice.

We decided to employ a skilled web designer and also an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) consultant as well. We want something very special as our community is very Internet savvy due to the highly technical engineering and professional jobs here in North Alabama, Madison, Decatur and Huntsville: (NASA, Army Missile Command, Biotech Hudson Alpha Institute, Boeing Delta Rocket Plant, Space Camp and all the Universities here). So far, it is quite easy for patients to find our website. This is in no small part is due to the success of this blog. Thank you readers for making this the premiere blog on the Internet for Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics.

So, stay tuned and I'll introduce and link to the new site as soon as it is ready.

10 comments:

Tom said...

Good luck with the new site, Dr. Brandon. I'm sure having a strong internet presence has helped brand your office as the dental office to take your kids to in Alabama.

I'll be out in the real world in another year and have to start worrying more about that!

Natalie said...

You have the right idea by hiring the right people for the job. Everyone has their expertise and it's our job to find them. Good luck!! And consider social media, i hear its working wonders!!

Betsy said...

I tried doing a site by myself and found that it was much better to hire that out to a professional. By letting them do their job I was better able to do mine!

Suzanne said...

My sister in law is moving close to your area so I was doing some research for her. Looking forward to seeing your new site. I know that using SEO can really help with website success. Really love the topics you write about here!
Thanks, Suzanne

low back pain said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. I hope you post again soon.
Thanks!

Deltona Dentist Dr. Michael A. Zerivitz DDS said...

Good luck on the new website. We recently had ours redone, and were very happy with the results! We've found that the addition of video has really helped to encourage new clients to contact us. They even mention the video as the reason that they called.

Dana said...

Dr. Brandon, good luck on the new site. It took us four months to redo our site. Quite a project, but so worth it.
Dana - The Art Guy

Assure a Smile Miami Dentistry said...

Best of luck with the new website!

We are currently working on a mobile site ourselves, which we are very excited about. Do you plan to utilize mobile as well?

Also, just out of curiousity, are you guys going to be using a CMS such as Wordpress or Joomla?

Looking forward to the launch!

Anonymous said...

Today I took my 20 month baby girl to the dentist For the very first time n they did a root canal n shaved 3 and put fake ones on top ...I feel like I shouldn't of Let them do it ....it was horrible I feel soo bad :'( I need opinions is it even legal Or normal? They said if I waited it could be more ...but the thing is when the whole tooth was out it look perfectly healthy to me ....please help

Dr. Dean Brandon said...

All I can say is that unfortunately, we see lots of very young children who develop lots of decay. It's called early childhood caries or ECC. It can be difficult to treat because of the age of the children affected. Read more about treatment options, behavior management and operative dentistry here on the blog on other posts.